[triangle-zpug] Quick help w/a python statement

Stephanie Thirolle stepht at duke.edu
Wed Oct 21 14:23:54 UTC 2009

Hey All,
    I'm a relative python newbie and the following is driving me crazy.
If anyone has ANY suggestions, I'd be most grateful.

I've got a FileField called 'execsummlink'  and I want to test if the
field contains a file (or was left blank).  I've tried the following,
but no matter what I do, I get a 'true' result regardless of whether the
field contains anything:

tal:condition="execsummlink"
tal:condition="python: len(execsummlink) > 0"
tal:condition="python: exists('here/execsummlink')"
tal:condition="python: hasattr(here, 'execsummlink')"
tal:condition="python: getattr(here, 'execsummlink')"

ALL of these work with other field types (Image, string, text, etc) --
any ideas why they won't work with a file field and what will???

Thanks SO much for your time.

Cheers!
Stephanie

--