[triangle-zpug] Latest meeting and updates

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Tue Jan 29 18:28:56 UTC 2008

Because our last meeting led to some action, I thought I'd report and recap.

We had a good crowd including newcomers: Lee Nelson, Eric Leary, Mark
Biggers, Don Hopkins, Brad Oaks. Jacob Roeper, Rob West, Chris Church,
Chris Calloway, Scott Brady, and our host Paul Smith.

We discussed boot camps for 2008, agreeing to support a regular Plone
boot camp, a boot camp geared for Plone 3 developers, and a Python boot
camp.

I looked at the academic calendar and spoke to Joel Burton. He agreed to
do both the usual Plone Boot Camp (5 day) and a Plone 3 Techniques (3
day) Boot Camps. I proposed we add a 2 day
workshop/sprint/lab/use-what-you-learned onto the end of the Plone 3
Techniques Boot Camp. The Plone 3 Techniques is essentially the Naples
training plus an additional day of Zope 3 foundations.

Joel and I agreed we can go ahead and tell the world about this. So I
published placeholder events here:

http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/pbc4/

To keep informed, you should really, really join the plonebootcamps
email list here:

http://plonebootcamps.com/about/announce

The dates are:

Plone Boot Camp: July 28-August 1
Plone 3 Techniques Boot Camp: August 4-6
Plone 3 Techniques Workshop: August 7-8

Paul, if you'd like to check on the SOM classroom for those , be my
guest and keep me in the loop, please. The SOM classroom guru is Casey
Emerson. There is some recent information about the classroom which
Casey presented here:

http://ctc.unc.edu/latest-from-ctc

Anybody from Duke: if you'd like to check on classroom space for those
dates also, please keep me in the loop.

office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 962-4323