[triangle-zpug] Plone Jams

David Handy david at handysoftware.com
Fri Oct 26 02:01:59 UTC 2007

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 04:46:20PM -0400, Chris Calloway wrote:
> We'd dubbed this "Plone Jam" in previous attempt ...
> ...  You can make a presentation. You can just work on your
> code. It's a Jam: it's improvisational. Plone at the Improv. Just play
> and see what comes out. See if a groove develops. Several TriZPUGers are
> already grooving on their common approach to Plone integration and want
> to share the love.

So now I have this vivid image of this cool group of professional Jazz
musicians getting together and just jamming their hearts out. Knock, knock,
here's this middle-school band member with his uncle's saxaphone. That would
be me!

> In order to accommodate this, I have two requests for feedback:
>
> 1) The building this Jam would meet in locks at 7pm. Would you be
> opposed to meeting at 6pm? Then anyone who is an hour or more late can
> call me to be let in. If we jammed for two hours, this would also get us
> out at 8pm for a bite to eat instead of when most places to eat have
> already stopped serving.
>
> 2) TriZPUG used to meet on Wednesdays. We moved the meetings to Tuesdays
> to accommodate a request from a regular member. This member has
> indicated he would not be unopposed to now moving the night back to
> Wednesdays. However, this is not what I'm asking. I'm asking if it would
> be OK to have Plone Jams on the first and third Wednesdays of the month.
> This is because a community organization to which I belong, and try to
> get as many other people to join as possible, has their nationwide
> designated meeting nights as Tuesdays. I'm just lucky that so far the
> particular Tuesday of the month my local group of this organization
> meets has not had a collision with TriZPUG meetings on fourth Tuesdays.
> Is there opposition to having Plone Jams on first and third Wednesdays?
>
> If you can voice your concerns or agreements in short order, I can make
> a repeating reservation for the room starting Wed. Nov 7 at 6pm.

The way my schedule is now, Tuesdays don't work any more. Many Wednesdays
would work for me, but not Nov. 7.

What would I do at a Plone jam? Well, I guess I'd pull out my little Plone
book and start working on beginning stuff, because that's where I'm at. But
it would be real helpful to be able to ask questions of real people in real
time, provided they don't get too annoyed...

David H

--
David Handy
Computer Programming is Fun!