[triangle-zpug] Repoze Talk Outline
cbc at unc.edu
Tue Nov 27 20:40:36 UTC 2007
Don't forget the meeting on KSS tonight:
We'll be using Plone for demo. But it's applicable to Django and Pylons
as well. If you have any problems finding the place, my cell is local
Don't forget the Repoze Tour next week:
The Repoze Tour is now DC, Triangle, Charlotte, and Atlanta. Portland
and Seattle are in the works of bring added thanks to Andrew Burkhalter
and Jon Baldivieso.
By way of Derek Richardon in Atlanta, here's an outline of the Repoze
Talk for next week from Chris McDonough:
This talk will consume approximately 1.5 hours (including a break
in the middle). The first half of the talk
- provide attendees with an understanding of the problems that
Repoze was created to solve.
- provide attendees with an understanding of the purpose of WSGI
and Python eggs.
- provide attendees with an understanding of the overall
architecture that Repoze uses.
- Demonstrate a real-world Repoze deployment, showing how it's
possible to combine Zope and non-Zope
applications within the same "URL space", including a
demonstration of Deliverance, which is WSGI
middleware that allows you to (reasonably) easily "theme"
disparate applications so that they
look similar to each other, despite being otherwise unrelated to
The second half of the talk will focus on "repoze.zope2", which is
a WSGI application which allows you
to publish Zope 2 content using a WSGI server. The main points
delivered during this talk section
- The differences between using repoze.zope2 and a "stock" Zope 2
to serve your Zope 2 applications.
- The benefits of using repoze.zope2 vs. a "stock" Zope 2
- An examination of the middleware stack recommended for a
- An examination of the services provided within a "repoze.zope2"
- A demonstration of running Plone using repoze.zope2.
office: 332 Chapman Hall phone: (919) 962-4323
mail: Campus Box #3300, UNC-CH, Chapel Hill, NC 27599
More information about the triangle-zpug