[triangle-zpug] change date from GMT setting in plone

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Mon Nov 26 22:24:29 UTC 2007

Dimauro, Frank wrote:
> Does anyone out there know how to modify the date setting in Plone from GMT to EDT? The time stamp on our site is about 6 hours off.

I thought you meant "our" site as in trizpug.org. :)

Don't scare me like that. :)

It should be using your system clock through your OS timezone
correction. I guess your server is set to UTC as it should be, which
should resemble GMT this time of year. And your server OS should be set
to report it as EDT. Check that first.

What version is your Zope? There's been a lot of work done to get Zope
to recognize a variety of uncommon timezone formats spit out by
different servers. A quick Google turned up:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope2/+bug/143784
http://groups.humaninet.org/about/how-tos/changing-the-time-zone-in-plone/
http://www.objectis.org/community-en/forum/msg_1086141561

office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 962-4323