[triangle-zpug] July Meetup

David Handy david at handysoftware.com
Mon Jul 23 17:47:05 UTC 2007

I don't know what ArchGenXML is and therefore don't know if I am interested.
But I am definitely interested in learning about Plone workflow.

I am a Python expert but a Plone newbie, having only recently discovered an
interest in putting together community websites. I have basic Plone
questions, but attending the bootcamp is not an option for me for various
reasons.

I was kind of hoping to sneak in to Tuesday's meeting, and afterwards get to
pump people with questions about Plone and how they have used it.

Yes, I realize that there are mailing lists and docs dedicated to Plone out
there, and I am reading them. But there's nothing like a real-time
face-to-face conversation on occasion!

The kinds of questions I have are:

* Can you moderate users joining a Plone site (i.e. intercept the request
  and approve/deny/ask for more details?)
* How do you make the list of users only listable/searchable after one has
  logged in? (Out of the box, the members list is publicly available.)
* What kind of Plone blogging products are available? How well do they work?
* What is it like trying to integrate the Plone users list with mailing lists,
  external databases, etc? (Easy, hard, impossible, requires custom code,
  never done, often done, ...?)
* And more...

Will anyone having experience on these topics be coming to Tuesday's
meeting? And be willing to answer some basic questions and provide beginning
advice and pointers?

Thanks,
David H

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 12:59:03PM -0400, Mike Revoir wrote:
> Hello, all. This month's meeting snuck up on me so there's no agenda that's
> been set. If anyone's planning on attending, I can put together a
> presentation on ArchGenXML and workflow if there's interest.
>
> Sorry for the late update.
>
> Mike

David Handy
Computer Programming is Fun!
Beginning Computer Programming with Python
http://www.handysoftware.com/cpif/