[triangle-zpug] What Plone doc should I read?

David Handy david at handysoftware.com
Fri Jul 6 21:31:39 UTC 2007

Looking at the zope logs, I saw stack traces due to missing PIL.

Re-running the unified installer and carefully capturing all output, I found
(in the midst of 3MB of text output) that PIL failed to compile. It is a
mystery to me why the PIL setup.py couldn't find /usr/include/tcl8.4/tk.h .
It compiled python Ok, _tkinter and all, so *something* had to have been
able to find tk.h ...

I'm not sure who to blame yet, except that the installer could have done a
couple more basic sanity checks...

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 02:08:26PM -0400, Chris Calloway wrote:
> David Handy wrote:
> > When I get a chance, I'll try debug-mode and see if I learn anything.
> > I might also try re-running the installer and capturing all output and
> > looking more carefully for error messages.
>
> Did you run the installer in userland or with sudo?
>
> File installer bugs here (using your plone.org userid):
>
> http://dev.plone.org
>
> --
> Sincerely,
>
> Chris Calloway
> http://www.seacoos.org
> office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 962-4323
> mail: Campus Box #3300, UNC-CH, Chapel Hill, NC 27599

David Handy
Computer Programming is Fun!
Beginning Computer Programming with Python
http://www.handysoftware.com/cpif/