[triangle-zpug] Speakers for January Meeting

Jim Allman jim at ibang.com
Tue Jan 16 18:30:07 CET 2007

On Jan 12, 2007, at 7:01 PM, Mike Revoir wrote:
>  I'm wondering if anyone has something that they'd like to present
> to the group. I'm sure there will be some discussion about the
> upcoming Camp Five and BBQ Sprint, but I'm hoping that one of our
> illustrious members has a presentation they'd like to whip up for
> the 23rd.

I've learned a few stupid Plone tricks recently, any of which would
make a decent short demonstration:

	- an AJAX-powered homepage based on Plone's quick-search, showing
filtered document results

	- a corporate e-card site with email notification, Flash cards,
private editing, and a public domain for display

	- using CMFEditions to auto-save versioned data, then showing its
evolution in a concise table using ZPT

	- centralized user management across multiple Plone sites, using SSL
and the new AjaxProxy product

	- using ClockServer to trigger periodic tasks in Zope without cron

	- securing a Plone site with SSL, SessionCrumbler, and expiring
sessions

If any of these would be useful or interesting to others, please let
me know.

   =jimA=

Jim Allman
Interrobang Digital Media