[triangle-zpug] Plone 3.0 released!
cbc at unc.edu
Tue Aug 21 20:36:50 UTC 2007
David Handy wrote:
> "Started rolling out" means "had a conference call with the executive board
> and talked them through logging in and creating content." :)
That means you demo'd it.
Create a Plone 3.0 site from scratch.
Advantages straight off the release page:
* Full versioning support, history and reverting to older revisions
* Improved performance
* Inline (Ajax) editing
* Link and reference integrity checking
* Automatic locking and unlocking
* Improved handling of permissions and sharing
* Upgraded visual (WYSIWYG) content editor
* Full-text indexing of Word and PDF documents
* Wiki support and multiple new mark-up formats
* Rules engine for content
* Strengthened security
Top 20 reasons:
Another reason: there is general community support for the last two
releases. As soon as 3.5 comes out, nobody will give a hoot at 2.5.3.
Old sites should be tested and stable by then.
> Maybe these steps: copy to another Plone instance on my
> machine, upgrade that instance, test, then move it all to the new
Is there any other way?
"Move" meaning, if you have any customizations to move, have them
wrapped up in products or modules.
office: 332 Chapman Hall phone: (919) 962-4323
mail: Campus Box #3300, UNC-CH, Chapel Hill, NC 27599
More information about the triangle-zpug