[triangle-zpug] O'Reilly User Group -- and RoR Strikes Again ;)

Mark R. Biggers biggers at utsl.com
Wed Sep 20 20:17:11 CEST 2006

[forwarding to list, missed it!]

Hello Chris,

Chris Calloway writes:
 > Mark R. Biggers wrote:
 > > I invited the TJUG "announcer" for the RfR class, to come to our
 > > talks.  He sounded very interested.
 >
 > Is that TriJUG? Like the Java group? They are pushing RoR?

Yes, I guess.

The TriJUG list is where the RoR course from the book-author "Ruby For
Rails" course in Raleigh was announced, on 31 August.  Java guys have
somehow missed the Python, and have embraced the "Perl+Smalltalk
mashup", er, Ruby ... ;)

  http://trijug.org/pipermail/juglist_trijug.org/2006-August/000200.html

In June, Adam Williams gave an excellent talk on his Sails web
framework for Java, being used by his employer and other folks.  He
then announced how enamoured he was with Ruby On Rails and would
rather focus on that:

  http://trijug.org/meetinginfo.jsp?date=2006-06

  http://trijug.org/downloads/Sails_Presentation.pdf

Sigh,