[triangle-zpug] UNC Chapter of TriZPUG met today

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Sat Sep 9 00:26:57 CEST 2006

TriZPUG,

For a long time, people have been saying Python and Plone people on the
UNC campus need to meet. And I've been trying to encourage them to
participate in TriZPUG.

I was trying not to dilute the number of people who come out for
TriZPUG. But this tactic has met with little success. Even when TriZPUG
meets on the UNC campus, only a small portion of the Python and Plone
communities come out.

So today, after some suggestions that some people will only come out in
the daytime, there was a meeting of Python and Plone people on the UNC
campus. 54 people were invited. 17 showed up. That's an above average
attendance for a TriZPUG meeting. We met for an hour and forty five minutes.

This has been about a year and a half in the making.

We decided to keep on meeting. We will meet at 2pm on the days when
TriZPUG is meeting "out of town." All the TriZPUG regulars who were
present said this will not keep them from going to the regular TriZPUG
night meetings out of town.

I expect this means more people will be meeting about Python and Plone
in the Triangle. And framing it as a UNC chapter of TriZPUG means more
opportunity for synergy with people who normally don't come to TriZPUG
meetings.

We were also able to discuss a lot of things which are pertinent only to
our campus. There were issues which needed discussing as a campus group
for a long time. And now the dialogue has begun.

Just informing you of this mutually beneficial little development.