[triangle-zpug] March meeting - webcast?

Kurt Bendl kurt.bendl at louisville.edu
Wed Mar 29 00:44:53 CEST 2006

Hi Folks,

I have a crazy idea, so bear with me a moment...
I'd really like to see Geoff's presentation, but I'm 8 hours
away. I think Geoff's CacheFu is a "really important" thing
for Plone. So, if someone there in TriZPUG could video the
presentation, I'll get it webcast.

Geoff said he's willing. But we need a TriZPUGer
to pull it off!

I can provide all the live and/or on-demand streaming server
stuff if someone there can setup an encoder or provide the
media. I (well, ok... UofL) can provide streams of either
darwin/quicktime server, Macromedia flash communications
server, Windows media server, or Real server.

I manage the servers here, so getting it setup shouldn't
be too much of a problem (I might have to get a
hole punched in the firewall, but that should be it. )

Yeah, it might be a bit overkill and a bit of a hassle, but
could be fun to try to pull off for grins and giggles,
nonetheless.

Whaddya' think? Anyone willing to give it a whirl?

Best,
    Kurt

----

Kurt Bendl, Web Team Lead
Information Technology
Miller IT Center, Room 109
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292

Desk: 502-852-5619

>>> geoff at geoffdavis.net 03/27/06 6:36 PM >>>
Thanks, Mike.  For the rest of you, I'll be doing a demo of CacheFu, a
package that will ship with Plone 2.5 (but is usable with 2.1) that
can
make your site _really_ fast.

Geoff