[triangle-zpug] Plone Workflow in ArchGenXML

Mike Revoir mrevoir at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 03:49:25 CET 2006

On 3/23/06, Kurt Bendl <kurt.bendl at louisville.edu> wrote:

> Hey Mike,
>
> Could you share an example of one of your AGX-created
> workflows with us?

Sure. At the DCRI, most of the Web sites we are developing in Plone are for
restricted communities, and as such, the normal Plone workflow doesn't work
for us. We've created a workflow which includes, at its core, another state
called public for content that should be available anonymously. Published
content is only available to members. We also get rid of public draft as we
feel this causes unnecessary confusion to our users.

The product also adds another role for users we call content managers who
should have manager access to the Plone, but not to the Zope/ZMI.

The product can be found at https://plone.dcri.duke.edu/files/dcriworkflows/.
I apologize, but in the server transition that occurred last week it appears
that the proxy rules aren't correct so you can't actually browse any content
that's available outside that folder without knowing the URLs. I'll try to
get it fixed tomorrow.

Using ArchGenXML to generate workflows is fairly painless once you figure
things out. I'd be happy to do a demo (perhaps at a slower pace than last
time) at a future meeting.

Mike