[triangle-zpug] Can I make my site logo an image map?

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 01:45:49 CET 2006

On 3/22/06, Chris Calloway <cbc at unc.edu> wrote:
> Rick DeNatale wrote:
> > So how important was Chris's point of changing the CSS, am I missing
> > something that's going to bite me in the future here?
>
> I bet there's a background image *behind* your new foreground image map. :)
>
> Check your page information.

Yes you are correct.  The problem I was having was that I couldn't
figure out why my override of #portal-logo wasn't working.  Edmund's
suggestion of adding "background-image:none;" seems to have done the
trick.

> I bet it's being downloaded on every new image cache.
>
> I think a new global_logo.pt was in my original suggestion. (Checks
> email folder. Yep, it was.)

Yes I know, as a newbie I was trying to follow your suggestion step by
step so that I could understand what you were saying, since I couldn't
get the background logo to disappear I couldn't get past that step.
When I gave up on that fixation and forged ahead I made progress.

Now I seem to have figured out how to make the css change work as well.

> If you want to keep it in the ZODB (custom
> folder), and you don't need to replicate this behavior anywhere else
> except this site, and you'll never need to recover it, keep it there.

Well, I think that I HAVE managed to build it as a separate file system skin.

Thanks for everyone's help, and don't be surprised if I ask more
newbie questions.

--
Rick DeNatale

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site