[triangle-zpug] Jargon subversion

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Mon Mar 20 23:31:44 CET 2006

Hello TriZPUGers,

Hopefully all the PBC2 campers are joining up on the TriZPUG email list.
I've warned them that the PBC2 email list will be shut down in the near
future and they should move to the TriZPUG email list. So look for an
influx of about 40 new subscribers to the TriZPUG email list. We just
didn't want to burden TriZPUG with messages about hotels and lunch menus
and when to be in class, etc..

We had a productive sprint this past weekend. We actually produced a
real product. And we actually checked it into a Subversion repo:

svn://coriolis.marine.unc.edu:8079

That repo is temporary and will be moved to trizpug.org in the near
future. You can read it anonymously, no problem, with your favorite SVN
client. I like Tortoise SVN on Windows. Here's a tutorial on SVN for
python is you need that:

http://osl.iu.edu/~lums/swc/www/swc.html#lec-version

In addition to seeing my office mate playing around with that SVN
instance, you should also find a TriZPUG folder there. In TriZPUG, find
the Jargon product folder. It's in a working state.

Jargon adds a factory type called Term. Term has a "word or phrase" and
it's definition. We are in the process of repurposing SmartFolder to
provide a placeless view skin for Terms. Cliburn Chan has the additional
criteria code for that. Joseph Method has some nice code to make the
view selectable by character of the alphabet. We're also going to tag
each Term with a keyword, and have the view select on keyword as well.

If you were part of the sprint, your SVN userid is your IRC handle.
Email me for you password, or if you'd like to specify a password. If
you were not part of the sprint, email me your freenode.net IRC handle
to get a Subversion userid and password.

Remember, don't check in code that isn't working.

Use this email list to query each other about getting together via IRC
for more sprinting. You don't need everybody. Sprints can be just a
couple or four people. All you need is a time, not even a place.