[triangle-zpug] Atlanta job posting

Christopher Johnson cjj at ifpeople.net
Mon Mar 20 01:39:00 CET 2006

Hi TriZPugers,

This is a post from my company about a project manager position
available immediately in Atlanta. If you are detail-oriented, great with
communication, and would like to work at the interface of an
international team and inspiring clients, please check it out.

Thanks!

Chris Johnson
--
Cofounder and CEO
ifPeople - Innovation for People

---------------------
ifPeople is a values-driven enterprise dedicated to providing Internet
technology solutions and strategy consulting to generate value for our
clients. ifPeople serves a mix of clients, including for-profit and
non-profit, most of which are based in the US, as well as some
international networks. Our clients share in our passion for
contributing to a better world. The company works with a distributed
team of people (about 20 programmers) for the development and
implementation of Web technologies. We are seeking a new technology
project manager to work on Zope/Plone technology project. Please see our
Web site, www.ifpeople.net, for more information about our company.

Responsibilities:
* Design of technology project strategies and management of application
development/deployment in a distributed team environment
* Project evaluation and proposal development
* Education and training on IT technologies, documentation of IT tools
(use, administration, development)
* Trouble shooting and application/website maintenance

Requirements:
* 3+ yrs professional experience, including IT development and
implementation
* Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl/Python)
applications or other Content Management Systems
* Knowledge of Internet, web sites, and online communications
* Ability to manage multiple tasks
* Experience in project management
* Ability to delegate tasks and work in a team
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills
* English fluency

Preferred:
* Spanish language abilities
* Commitment to Free Software movement
* Familiarity with socially responsible business principles and practices
* Experience with Zope/Plone technology

Nature of engagement:
* ifPeople headquarters is based in Atlanta. Physical location may be
flexible, but we prefer you be a part of our local team.
* Clear opportunities for advancement and ability to explore your ideas
for shaping the business
* Approximate start date: immediately