[triangle-zpug] Can I make my site logo an image map?

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 23:30:31 CET 2006

On 3/17/06, Chris Calloway <cbc at unc.edu> wrote:
> Rick DeNatale <rick.denatale at ...> writes:

> > I'd like to have a label pop up with the name of the chapter when the
> > mouse rolled over one of the stars, and have clicking on a star
> > navigate to the folder for that chapter.
> >
> > Is this easy/hard to do, any suggestions?
>
> Not too hard.
>
> First, wow, that's a big logo. It takes up half the real estate in a typical
> browser. It would be much better to put in the content body, which would be a
> lot easier to use there as an imagemap than instead of the portal logo. Most
> people won't get navigation to anything other than the site home in the logo
> anyway. It's counterintuitive. Whoever suggested this obviously isn't a UI
> expert. The customer rarely is. But the customer pays the bills, so...

Well you're  right about the size, I can probably make the logo
smaller, it's really an svg file that I export from inkscape as a png.
 The IPMS/USA logo is an image though but I guess I can redraw that.

As far as someone paying the bills, I wish!  This is a volunteer job
as part of a volunteer position.

I would have loved to have gone to the boot camp, but even with 100%
of the budget on the project allocated to education, the education
budget is $0.00. <G>

I would a least like to have the chapter names pop up as you mouse
over the stars, the navigation is really a separate idea.  Having a
larger version as content in the Chapters folder WITH the navigation
might be a good way to go.

> --- lots of good advice snipped ---

Thanks, that's a lot to chew on.

> OK, how much of your client's fee do I get?

Pick your percentage, it'll still work out to $0. <G>

Thanks!

--
Rick DeNatale