[triangle-zpug] Sponsor PloneCon Sprint?

Tom Elliott thomase at email.unc.edu
Wed Jul 26 16:14:26 CEST 2006

I must recuse myself from voting on this issue, partly because I'm a
recent affiliate of TRIZPUG, but mostly because I am the project
director of the UNC project Chris references and on which Sean is
working. We have alot to gain from this sprint!

That said, I would like to provide the following bits of information, in
so far as it may support individual or institutional decision-making.

The Pleiades project, by virtue of the generosity of the National
Endowment for the Humanities (our sponsor), is supporting Sean's travel,
subsistence, salary, and other attendance costs for PloneCon and this
sprint.

Of course I would be delighted to see TRIZPUG support this sprint in the
way Chris has described. Moreover, I would like to encourage
TRIZPUG-affiliated developers with appropriate skills and interests to
join the sprint *and* I challenge their employers/clients to match our
commitment by supporting the participation of those developers.

Best,
Tom

--
Tom Elliott, Ph.D.