[triangle-zpug] Logo madness

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Fri Jan 27 16:01:49 CET 2006

My fellow TriZPUGers,

Last year's Plone Boot Camp featured the most awesomest logo:

http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/small.png

The logo concept was originated by our co-founder Tom Bryan and the
final execution was by phenomenal web graphics guru Jim Allman.

This year we'd like some new logos for Plone Boot Camp, PyCamp, and Camp
Five. And we'd like them fairly soon. As in, the sooner the better.
Especially for Plone Boot Camp. We are getting requests for more
official looking documentation for sponsors, and it would be nice to be
consistent and professional from the start.

Thing is, we don't have logo concepts yet. Jim is very buried at the
moment, and we need concepts to get his help with executing a concept.

For last year's concept, Tom went running with the title of a folder on
our website, "Get Up To Speed" and came up with the fantastic
speedometer-rapidly-pegging-out idea, to which the rolling "TriZPUG.org"
odometer was added. Very effective. It was exciting. It made for cool
t-shirts, clocks, posters, badges, coffee mugs, mouse pads, and beer steins.

http://www.cafepress.com/trizpug

Now we'd like to ask your help. Can you come up with some design
concepts? Your concepts can be just a written idea, to a sketch, to a
full blown ready for press EPS. We have Jim and anyone else who would
like to volunteer to do further execution, revamping, or touch up work.

It would be ideal if your idea could be executed as something circular
in shape, but I'm not going to cry about good ideas that aren't round.
We especially need a Plone Boot Camp concept yesterday.

Please send your logo concepts to bootcamp att trizpug dott org. Thanks.

Your reward: fame and glory. We will talk about your fabulous design for
years to come. People will even wear it and we'll make sure they know
whose idea it was.