[triangle-zpug] workshops

Dimauro, Frank FDimauro at unch.unc.edu
Thu Jan 12 22:43:44 CET 2006

Chris
The five day workshop is kind of long, IMHO. We took 3 day workshops with
CIGNEX here onsite and a basic understanding of how Plone works and some
basic Python programming experience helps a lot in understanding the
materials presented.

The CIGNEX workshops we experienced were buggy because the material was
being presented for the first time (we were guinea pigs) and it was very
generic-Plone. We were expecting training related specifically to our Plone
site which Cignex crafted for us. What we got was vanilla Plone/Zope. We
were somewhat disappointed. But if you are familiar with Plone, or have a
programming background and have experience with content management systems,
you'll get your money's worth.

Plone is such a huge, powerful application, there is no way you can possibly
absorb everything it can do in 5 consecutive days, or 10 days for that
matter. It takes 2 days of training, and a few weeks of playing. Then 2 more
days of training, then play some more. But that's me...

Frank DiMauro
UNC Health Care System
Information Services Division
321 Meadowmont Village Circle, 2nd Floor
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
919-966-7988 (Tel)
919-966-2110 (Fax)

Message: 1