[triangle-zpug] Newbie questions

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 22:41:59 CET 2006

First Newbie question: Is there a faq?

I discovered this group via the posting about the boot camp which was
recently sent to the trilug list.

Although I'd love to attend the boot-camp, it's just not in my budget.

I'm actually in the process of choosing a CMS to help me in my
volunteer position as a regional coordinator for IPMS/USA which is a
national society of scale modelers.  I want to set up a site for
members and chapters in my region and nearby to communicate.  I've
been looking at drupal and plone, and I'm a little more attracted by
plone since it seems to have slightly better documentation, plus it's
officially supported by Ubuntu.

Second Newbie question: I'd like to set it up so that I can capture a
bit more information from users who register, such as which if any
chapters they belong to, their national organization membership id (if
they have one), etc.
Are there plone products which would let me do this?  If so which do
y'all recommend.

Third Newbie question: I'd like to have a blog on the site which
allows others to comment, and perhaps allow selected users to have
their own blogs, what are the pluses and minus of the various blog
add-ons for plone?  Drupal seems to have blogging as a basic function.
I want something easy for non-sophisticated users to read at least.

--
Rick