[triangle-zpug] Help wanted from Duke and NCSU and other collegiate TriZPUGers

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Thu Feb 16 04:04:38 CET 2006

I'm asking a favor of those of you who work at Duke, NCSU, or other
universities.

Do you have support, general tech question, computer club, or other
suitable email lists available to you for your university?

If so, would you mind please posting the following announcement below
under your name to those lists? Thank you. Because if we don't fill this
classroom up fast, I'm afraid the shortfall is coming out of my pocket.
Which would be bad. And would mean no PyCamp and no Camp Five. So do me
and yourself a favor and help me promote the crap out of this. We've got
three and a half weeks to put this over the top. So please help. Also,
if your organization would like to be a sponsor, we need you. We promote
the crap out of our sponsors, I can tell you that. Our one very
benevolent sponsor at the moment is enjoying having their logo and blurb
plastered all over zope.org and plone.org and everywhere those are
syndicated, which is a *lot* of places. Today we even made the Python
Daily-URL (thanks effbot! thanks hamish!):

http://www.pythonware.com/daily/index.htm

OK, here is the blurb I'd like for you to post to your appropriate
university community email lists. Please let me know if you followed
through with this for me:

"Subject: Plone Boot Camp 2 Registration early bird registration open

Triangle Zope and Python Users Group (TriZPUG), a volunteer
collaboration of programmers from Duke, NCSU, UNC, government, NPOs,
NGOs, and private industry invite you to attend the 2006 Plone Boot Camp
2, a one week intensive training for web development with the Plone free
and open source content management system taught by renowned instructor
and Chair of the Plone Foundation, Joel Burton:

http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/pbc2

Early bird registrations completed by February 25, 2006 are only $250
per seat lunches included.

Late registrations must be completed by March 10, 2006 and are $300 per
seat lunches included.

This year's camp includes migrating to Plone 2.1.2 and a preview of 2.2.

Plone Boot Camp 2 is made possible by the kind sponsorship of the
Carolina Cardiovascular Biology Center, a multidisciplinary,
multidepartmental facility which serves as a focal point for
interactions among basic, translational, and clinical scientists
studying all aspects of cardiovascular disease. Areas of specific
interest include atherosclerosis and other vascular diseases,
angiogenesis and cardiovascular development, cardiovascular physiology,
and diseases of hemostasis."