[triangle-zpug] enable CMFPlone while creating a new zope instance?

Ben Donnelly bendy at duke.edu
Wed Feb 8 21:30:51 CET 2006

Newbie question here-

I'm planning to run a whole bunch of separate Plone instances on the
same server.

I'm trying to write a script to create new Plone instances on the fly-
but I'm stuck on how to get zope to automatically initialize a plone
site the first time it's run, rather than having to add plone through
the ZMI manually.

Is this something I can append to the mkzopeinstance.py script, provided
I get the Plone files copied to the Products directory of the new zope
instance before the script completes?

Or do I have to launch the zope instance, and add the Plone site
(defining it's name, etc) through the zope API. If so, I'm having
trouble figuring out how to script this- can anyone lead me to a basic
script with calls that manipulates the ZMI?

Ben Donnelly

Nicholas School of the Environment
Duke University