[triangle-zpug] School of Medicine Python/Plone Position

Charlie Hitlin hitlin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 18:33:42 CEST 2006

The Office of Information Systems is looking for a Python/Zope/Plone
developer. The position description and link to apply at the UNC HR
are both below. Anyone interested can also feel free to contact me
directly.

https://s4.its.unc.edu/RAMS4/details.do?posID=0033124

Position Description:

Working Title: Web Applications Developer
Banding: Application Analyst, Journey

The Office of Information Systems (OIS) is seeking a Web Applications
Developer with an interest in working in a professional school
environment. The Web Applications Developer will work primarily a
Zope/Plone Content Management System. Vital to this position is the
ability to visualize and articulate complex concepts in both
technical and non-technical terms. Very strong oral and written
skills, project planning and task management also must be
demonstrated. The candidate must have exceptional interpersonal
skills collaborating with UI designers and systems staff and working
directly with clients in determining system needs.

Required skills for the Web Applications Developer include:

•	Experience with UNIX, LINUX, or OS X.
•	Expertise in at least two scripting languages; (i.e. PHP, Cold
Fusion, JavaScript, DHTML).
•	Demonstrated ability with at least one high level programming
languages; (i.e. Python, Perl, Java, C++).

Preferred skills for the Web Applications Developer include:

•	Strong knowledge of SQL and at least two database systems (i.e.
Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server).
•	Authentication via LDAP.
•	Knowledge of other languages, application frameworks, or web
technologies like HTML/CSS or XML.

All interested parties should feel free to contact the hiring
manager, Charlie Hitlin, at hitlin at med.unc.edu if you would like to
find out more about our group and the work that we do.

--
~_/)~~~~~~Charlie Hitlin
~~~_/)~~~~Manager of Application Development and Media Services