[triangle-zpug] Help, Ubuntu dapper ate my plone-site

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 15:28:03 CEST 2006

On 8/10/06, Mike Revoir <mrevoir at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/10/06, Rick DeNatale <rick.denatale at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Okay, not just to make sure, I moved /var/lib/zope2.8 to somewhere else,
> > then cp -ar /backupath/var/lib/zope2.8 /var/lib/zope2.8
>

> > Are there any other files I need to copy?  Anything else to do to
> > recover the site?
>

> While I'm not familiar with Ubuntu, all you should need to do is recvover
> var/Data.fs and etc/*.conf if you made any changes to them. You may want to
> look in etc/zope.conf to ensure that its pointing to your restored Data.fs.
> However, the fact that it purged your Plone during the first restart is
> disconcerning.
>
> I've copied Zopes between OSes many a time without problems. Can you try
> copying the Data.fs to another host?
>
>  I see that you've restored all of the origional files. Did Python change?
> Are you certain that the Debian package only touches /var/lib/zope2.8? In
> looking at the newsgroups, it appears that this occurs when the Zope version
> changes. You may also want to check that etc/zope.conf is including all the
> necessary products. A message from early last year about Zope 2.7
> (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=zope&m=111237760626566&w=2)
> lists a few to check.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Mike

Mike,

Thanks the for suggestions, but still no joy ;-)

I found that I didn't have the debian plone package installed, but
after I installed it I found out that it was just an empty package
which depends on the zope-cmfplone package which actually has the
code, and that was already installed.

I edited /etc/zope2.8/instance/plone-site/zope.conf and added

products /usr/lib/zope2.8/lib/python/Products
products /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products
products /usr/share/zope/Products
products $INSTANCE/Products

/usr/share/zope/Products is where cmf-plone put its stuff

So now I've run out of ideas.  I guess  I'll try the plone-setup mailing list.

--
Rick DeNatale

IPMS/USA Region 12 Coordinator
http://ipmsr12.denhaven2.com/