[triangle-zpug] Help, Ubuntu dapper ate my plone-site

Mike Revoir mrevoir at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 05:21:11 CEST 2006

On 8/10/06, Rick DeNatale <rick.denatale at gmail.com> wrote:

Okay, not just to make sure, I moved /var/lib/zope2.8 to somewhere else,
> then cp -ar /backupath/var/lib/zope2.8 /var/lib/zope2.8

Are there any other files I need to copy?  Anything else to do to
> recover the site?

While I'm not familiar with Ubuntu, all you should need to do is recvover
var/Data.fs and etc/*.conf if you made any changes to them. You may want to
look in etc/zope.conf to ensure that its pointing to your restored Data.fs.
However, the fact that it purged your Plone during the first restart is
disconcerning.

I've copied Zopes between OSes many a time without problems. Can you try
copying the Data.fs to another host?

I see that you've restored all of the origional files. Did Python change?
Are you certain that the Debian package only touches /var/lib/zope2.8? In
looking at the newsgroups, it appears that this occurs when the Zope version
changes. You may also want to check that etc/zope.conf is including all the
necessary products. A message from early last year about Zope 2.7 (
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=zope&m=111237760626566&w=2) lists a few to
check.

Hope this helps,

Mike