[triangle-zpug] Help, Ubuntu dapper ate my plone-site

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 20:43:23 CEST 2006

On Sunday, I finally decided to update my server from Ubuntu 5.10 to 6.05,

When I first tried to bring up zope, it said that it was skipping
plone-site because it was (old,purged).

My first thought that there had been some change so I installed the
plone-site debian package, and then restored various pieces of
/var/lib/zope2.8/instances/plone-site  from backups, but nothing seems
to have gotten zope to see my old plone-site.  I'm not sure that my
theory is correct anyway since I was running zope2.8 before as well.
I haven't been able to find any docs related to the debian packaging
which indicate that reconfiguration was necessary.

My last attempt was to restore the complete /var/lib/zope2.8 from a
backup before the system upgrade.  Although zope2.8 starts without
complaining, I still don't see my plone-site in the ZMI.

I must admit that I've been pretty much a zope/plone neophyte.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

--
Rick DeNatale