[triangle-zpug] Full-time position - Sr. Software Engineer
cbc at unc.edu
Thu Aug 3 14:41:31 CEST 2006
Because I know at least one of you is interested in this particular company.
office: 17-6 Venable Hall phone: (919) 962-4323
mail: Campus Box #3300, UNC-CH, Chapel Hill, NC 27599
Foxmarks, LLC is developing a novel, user-driven approach to finding the
information that matters on the Web. Founded by industry pioneer Mitch
Kapor (Lotus, EFF, Mozilla, Open Source Applications Foundation, Second
Life), it combines approaches from search engines, social bookmarking
services, and Wikipedia-style content collaboration.
This is a chance to work on a project which is going to make a
difference in the world. We have a stimulating work environment with
smart, hard-working people and a commitment to treating people well. Our
SOMA offices are sunny, casual and dog-friendly, and are easy to get to
from BART, Caltrain and MUNI.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to architect and implement (in
Python) the back-end of Foxmarks' next-generation system. This system is
composed of a variety of components, including a three-tiered web
application as well as downloadable browser components.
* 7+ years software development experience;
* 2+ years development experience with Python;
* Experience developing high-volume web apps;
* Experience building highly scalable consumer-facing applications;
* Experience in architecting information systems;
* Experience developing API's for internal and external clients;
* Knowledge of LAMP or comparable web-app architectures;
* Experience designing algorithms for information retrieval/data mining;
* Collaborative working style;
* Familiarity with Open Source software systems;
* Experience in Information Retrieval, Data Mining, Information
Architecture, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Clustering,
Personalization, etc., is a plus;
* Experience developing RESTian API's a plus;
* Knowledge of XHTML, CSS a plus.
Interested candidates should forward their resume to jobs at foxmarks.com.
More information about the triangle-zpug