[triangle-zpug] Alan Runyan at Trizpug

Dimauro, Frank FDimauro at unch.unc.edu
Thu Apr 27 22:24:04 CEST 2006

A big THANK YOU to Alan Runyan for his presentation to Trizpug members this
Tuesday. J. Cameron Cooper also attended and served as occasional sidekick.
(Cameron is author of the book  "Building Websites with Plone"). Of course
the "demo gods" were up to their nefarious tricks but despite tech glitches,
Alan did a good job and kept everyone glued to their seats during the nearly
2 hour talk. He covered a number of topics, from Zope 3, to Plone 2.5 out in
Beta (they need folks to test it...) to enfold desktop to entransit (another
enfold product).

He also happened to mention that the Plone logo is copyrighted and that we
should not be using it w/o permission. Even enfold cannot use it w/o
permission.

( I wonder if PBC was in violation? )

Afterwards several of us retired to Lucy's on Henderson street for ale and
victuals, where we swapped tales of TALES and METAL and other assorted
geekology.

And btw, Alan and  Cameron helped us get our sites up to speed with enfold
proxy server and Plone 2.1.2 and things are real zingy now.

Frank DiMauro
UNC Health Care System
Information Services Division
http://www.unchealthcare.org <http://www.unchealthcare.org>