[triangle-zpug] proxy role for a portal_catalog call

Edmund Moseley emoseley at email.unc.edu
Tue Apr 18 19:20:37 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to adapt the events object to include a rooms field, and
then not allow double-booking of rooms.
I put the room field on a second schemata page, and then call a method
which calls the portalCatalog to see which rooms are available, in order
to populate the rooms vocabulary.
This all seemed to work until I login as a member who does not have
permission to see all events. I assume I need to assign a proxy role on
this method or on the call to the portal_catalog, such that I can always
check all existing events to see which rooms are taken.
How do I set a proxy role on a python method on the filesystem? Is there
a better way of accomplishing this?

Thanks for any help,
Edmund