[triangle-zpug] September meeting

Jeff_Gayle at sil.org Jeff_Gayle at sil.org
Mon Sep 26 23:19:56 CEST 2005

I'm not planning to attend. It would be nice but I'm slammed at this point
as well.

...jeff

Chris Calloway <cbc at unc.edu>
Sent by: triangle-zpug-bounces at python.net
09/26/2005 03:35 PM
Please respond to
cbc at unc.edu; Please respond to
"Mailing list for North Carolina \(Research Triangle area\) Zope/Python
User Group" <triangle-zpug at python.net>

Zope/Python     User Group" <triangle-zpug at python.net>
cc

Subject
Re: [triangle-zpug] September meeting

Chris Calloway wrote:
 > I'm trying to
> put something together today concerning ZODB Persistence Mapping

Yo, so after getting back from PloneCon at 1am this morning, I'm feeling
like I cannot do this subject justice before tomorrow night.

So who would come to UNC tomorrow (Tuesday) night for just a recap of
PloneCon and whatever else we'd like to talk about? including:

1) I may be jumping the gun by mentioning this, but time is ticking on
the clock. Something Geoff Davis, Whit Morris, and I are preparing for
roughly Jan 5-9 at UNC will be called either "Camp Five" or "Advanced
Plone" or "Enterprise Plone," which is half instruction/half sprint. The
Plone Foundation *may be considering* (that is, it was mentioned at the
PloneCon GoodEgg workshop by the PF executive director Paul Everitt)
granting "Certified Plone Developer" or "GoldEgg Certified" diplomas
based on completion of this camp. We'd bring in *six* of the top Plone
development rockstars to mentor participants. The sprint would be
required this time. It will be inexpensive like Plone Boot Camp (less
than or equal to $250). Note: this camp bridges a weekend. We'd like to
hear your feedback, interest, ideas, etc. as we are in the gauging
interest phase of planning.

2) Plone Boot Camp 2006 scheduled for March 13-18, 2006. The
incomparable Joel Burton is available and willing to instruct.

3) More kicking of the tires that is/may be Python Boot Camp and what
form it would be in. Only a couple of you have even touched the wiki
(thanks Frank and David!). Remember, this is open source. If you don't
participate, you can't be well served.