[triangle-zpug] Plone 2.1 released

Geoff Davis geoff at geoffdavis.net
Thu Sep 8 00:15:56 CEST 2005

While we do want people to take the initiative, in this case people are
actually on top of things.  Here's what Limi wrote to the plone-users
list:

Subject:      Plone 2.1 released - calm before the storm ;)
From:         "Alexander Limi" <limi-
z4DKO/sx8wnYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org>
Newsgroups:   gmane.comp.web.zope.plone.user
Date:         Wed, 07 Sep 2005 03:58:56 +0200

Hi,

As most of you have probably discovered, Plone 2.1 has had a soft
release
today - meaning that the final code is tagged, and the tarball is
available at http://plone.org/download (and yes, the change log for 2.1
is
2200 lines lines long - makes for perfect bedtime reading ;)

The full release will happen in a few days when the Windows and Mac OS
installers are available, and the marketing material, press release
and
upgrade/migration docs are ready. We would also like to make sure you
do
not submit the news of the release to news sites before we are ready
with
the full installers and documentation, so we can maximize the impact
and
let newcomers have a good impression of Plone. You can keep a secret
for
the community, right? ;)

I'd like to use this pre-announcement to encourage those of you who
know
how to install from the tarball to give the new release a go, and to
extend a big THANK YOU to all of the people from the Plone Team that
made
this release happen. It's the culmination of over a year of hard work,
and
it's the most awesome Plone release yet. You all rock, and I hope to
see
as many of you as possible at the Plone Conference 2005 in Vienna!

Plone 2.1 is ready to take on the world!

PS: As-it-is-progressing documentation on what's new in Plone 2.1 can
be
found here: http://plone.org/documentation/whatsnew/2.1 (still not
done,
but has some details)