[triangle-zpug] Why Python by Eric Raymond

Ben Best bbest at duke.edu
Tue Sep 6 21:43:00 CEST 2005

Hi Chris,

I recently bumped into a valuable book (code and pdf freely available):

  Python Scripting for Computational Science
  http://folk.uio.no/hpl/scripting

Check out chapter 6: Introduction to GUI Programming.

Cheers, Ben

On 9/6/05, Chris Rossi <chris at spacelabstudio.com> wrote:
> Chris Calloway wrote:
> > http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/3882
> >
> Has anybody done much GUI with Python?  What's the best/easiest to
> use/most common toolkit for GUI apps these days?  Also is there de facto
> standard for image manipulation?  All I need to do is read, scale and
> display jpegs.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Ben Best
Associate in Research
A321 LSRC, Box 90328
Nicholas School of the Environment and Earth Sciences
Duke University
Durham, NC 27708-0328 USA
phone: +1(919)613-8021
fax: +1(919)684-8741