[triangle-zpug] Why Python by Eric Raymond

jonc jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Sep 6 20:50:57 CEST 2005

Mod_python comes with apache. I generally use the web for all my gui
based apps these days, but then I'm always delivering services/info to
customers and it just makes sense to not re-invent the wheel.

BTW: I thought that article was excellent. I especially like his comment
about elegant code:
  Ugly programs are like ugly suspension bridges: they're
  much more liable to collapse than pretty ones, because
  the way humans (especially engineer-humans) perceive
  beauty is intimately related to our ability to process
  and understand complexity. A language that makes it hard
  to write elegant code makes it hard to write good code.
   (of course he was referring to Perl at this point :-)

Jon