[triangle-zpug] October meeting

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Wed Oct 19 19:48:00 CEST 2005

Hm, well, a few no preferences, one preference for the 6th, one
preference for the 13th, one definitely cannot do on the 13th.

Therefore, it looks to me as though I should say:

Tuesday December 6th at UNC.

For a tentative strawman, I will demonstrate Turbogears, also known as
"Python on Rails." I may compare this head to head with Ruby on Rails.

I also promise some sort of festive holiday atmosphere suitable for
socializing/fun.

However, in the interest of making talks as short as possible and having
as many as possible, you are very strongly encouraged to also offer up
your own presentations. It would be great to have three shorter
presentations for each meeting, or at least that's the prompting I've
received offlist from more than one suggestion.

In the interest of better publicizing these meetings, it was discussed
at the last meeting about making a calendar for the next year, and at
least posting strawman announcements which could be fleshed out at the
times when we know more about the programs. But dates, locations,
directions, and contacts are something we can plan farther in advance.
Given the current rotations, and assuming the current hosts continue,
this would make a schedule like:

NCSU: October 2005, January 2006, April, July, October
Duke: Novermber 2005, Feburary 2006, May, Augst, November
UNC:  December, 2006, March 2006, June, September

To get the ball rolling, I've made calendar entries for the UNC hosted
meetings and linked them on the meetings page:

http://trizpug.org/meetings

Now, you see all those programs. Those are just strawmen. If you want to
present on any of those topics prior to those meetings, please do. The
meeting topics are very subject to change. That is, they will change.
And, of course, additional topics should be added to each meeting.

I'd like to ask the NCSU and Duke hosts if they would post similar
strawmen calendar entries (espcially for October, next week!). Thomas
and Ben, you are both site managers and can create event items in your
folders and publish them yourselves. Would you be interested in doing
that? Pick any strawman topics you want, maybe something you'd like to
hear about. If you'd like for me to do this for you, just give the word,
and I'll copy one of your past meeting announcement for a template. If'd
you'd like not to host, please let us know, also.

I note, the last Tuesday in November is *after* Thanksgiving. Should be
OK, no?