[triangle-zpug] Boot Camp schedule revisions

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Wed Oct 19 18:48:20 CEST 2005

David Handy wrote:
> $100+ more per person than what? What base cost do you have in mind?

$150 base cost if no lunch catering
$250 base cost if lunch provided (University catering ain't cheap)

So having it elsewhere could be $350 and up. My informal totally
unscientific polling techniques tell me interest falls off rapidly after
approaching and passing the $300 mark. (However, we may have a financial
benefactor in the wings, so who knows.)

The above depends greatly on who instructs. We want this to be for the
Python newb. But we want to take them far enough along to introduce
SciPy and/or Numeric, which pretty much means someone who has either
programmed before or at least is somewhat proficient in something almost
programmerly like matlab. So I'm fishing for an actual Python
instructor, along the line of what Joel Burton does for Plone, although
instructed by some of us has not been ruled out. It would just make it
simpler, though to hire somebody, given the level of participation from
TriZPUGers in building PyCamp.