[triangle-zpug] Boot Camp schedule revisions

David Handy david at handysoftware.com
Wed Oct 19 17:50:36 CEST 2005

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 11:20:55AM -0400, Chris Calloway wrote:
> NCSU, that is, right? NCSU Spring Break is Mar 6-10 and PyCamp would be
> Mar 13-17. Is that what is meant by fit? PyCamp is timed for UNC Spring
> Break so we can get Phillips 328.
>
> If this is not what is meant by fit, we'd have to locate somewhere else
> with similar facilities, which might likely mean having to pay for a
> location. Serious question: would you (and others) rather pay more
> ($100+ more per person) to have PyCamp when UNC is in session or not.

$100+ more per person than what? What base cost do you have in mind?

Obviously having facilities available at UNC is a great advantage and I'm
not personally in a position to offer anything better. But I do intend to
ask my friend what specific topics would make PyCamp attractive to
scientific Python users or wannabe-users, and go from there. If we know the
topics then we have an idea what kind of speakers we need, and therefore
whether/how much we need to pay them, etc. etc. I assume that you already
have things like SciPy, numeric, etc. in mind. I'm just curious about his
perspective as scientist-in-training and complete Python newbie.

--
David Handy
Computer Programming is Fun!