[triangle-zpug] Python/Zope/Plone community efforts

Paul Smith paul at blinkylights.org
Tue Nov 29 17:26:04 CET 2005

On Nov 27, 2005, at 3:34 PM, Jim Allman wrote:

> On Nov 27, 2005, at 2:34 PM, Paul Smith wrote:
>
>> I can offer that Quills helped me learn to love SimpleBlog... :)
>>

> Did you find Quills hard to work with, or buggy, or what?

     I had a need for a blog-like page, but my use-case was really
simple. I tried Quills first, but never actually got it working. This
was quite a while ago, but I recall that I ran into a roadblock with
one of Quill's dependencies - don't remember what the specific issue
was. I might be thinking of something else, but I seem to remember
that Quills required ZEO to be working as well. SimpleBlog was more
like untar -> quickinstaller -> joy, which was a nice contrast.
     Quills might very well have improved since then, so it's
probably worth taking it for a spin.

--P