[triangle-zpug] November and December meetings

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Wed Nov 23 15:55:08 CET 2005

Mike Revoir wrote:
> On 11/22/05, Chris Calloway <cbc at unc.edu <mailto:cbc at unc.edu>> wrote:
>     Mike, can you do ArchGenXML on Dec 6 at Duke?
>
> Sure. Pencil me in for 20 - 30 minutes. I can fill more time depending
> upon people's interest if desired.

Ben,

Would you please?:

1) Create a news item on trizpu.org and *publish* it so that it appears
in the news portlet. Highlight that the topics are ArchGenXML and psyco,
2) Create a calendar item on trizpug.org, like it to the news item
through the "Event URL" metadata field, and *publish* it so that it
appears in the calendar portlet,
3) Create an appropriate link to the calendar entry in
http://trizpug.org/meetings/
4) Create a *news item* on zope.org and *submit* it for publication
(zope.org is good about approving news items within 24 hours). Put a
link on the news item pointing back at the trizpug.org calendar item. If
you have to edit a published zope.org item which you own, you must
retract it first in order to edit it.
5) On plone.org, in your *workspace* (plone.org did away with normal
member folders for mere mortals), create a calendar item, *tag it* with
the keyword "Training" selected from the "Event Type" metadata drop down
on the edit form, and submit it for publication. The guidelines for
getting a calendar item published on plone.org are here:

http://plone.org/training_portlet_overview

There apparently is a way to get calendar items published in the
plone.org "Upcoming Events" portlet intead of the "Upcoming Training"
portlet because the newly formed "Seattle Plone Gathering" manages to
get listings in it. But if the procedure is published, I sure don't know
where it is. Maybe you could just try tagging the calendar item with
"Meeting" instead of "Training," submit that, and see what happen

Whew! All those steps sound like a workflow to me. What we need is a
content management system with workflow. :)