[triangle-zpug] Re: zope log rotation

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Fri May 27 16:46:42 CEST 2005

Dimauro, Frank wrote:
> Are there any products that handle Zope log rotation...our z2.log file
> is 1.8GB and growing by leaps each day...

This is an OS issue. On Linux, I use logrotate. It's standard in most
distributions. On Windows, you will likely have to write a script for
the scheduler.

I think you can also limit what gets logged. There's no need to log
every request for the site logo, css, and such.

Finally, you can cache commonly requested items either in Zope (if
standalong) or Apache (much better). If cached in Apache, Zope will
never even see the request.

I'm copying this to TriZPUG for added benefit/feedback.