[triangle-zpug] Plone: patch for validate_start_end_date

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Thu May 19 18:59:48 CEST 2005

Have you upgraded a site to Plone 2.05 from a previous version?

Check this:

1) Go to a folder and create and event

2) Check the drop downs for start and end times:
    a) Is the hour drop down only 12 hours instead of 24?
    b) Is there an AM/PM drop down?
    c) If yes, the proceed.
       If no, you don't need to read the rest of this email.

3) Create an event which:
    a) Starts and ends on the same day
    b) Starts before noon
    c) Ends after noon
    d) The integer start time hour is greater than
       the integer end time hour
      (e.g. start 10am and end 1pm)

4) Try to save the event

Do you get a "start time must be before end time" error?

Then I have a patch for you. Patch:

${PRODUCTS}/CMFPlone/skins/plone_form_scripts/validate_start_end_date.vpy

with:

http://trizpug.org/Members/cbc/validate_start_end_date.vpy

You can do this on the fly. No Zope restart necessary. Backup your
Data.fs and old validate_start_end_date.vpy first.

This is a better patch than the one shown at:

http://plone.org/collector/3641

which can get you into transversal/acquisition trouble.

I tried to get this into the collector on plone.org and gave up after
all the plone.org/members.plone.org and PloneCollector problems. So I'm
sharing this with you here, since it took me the better part of a day to
figure this out.

The old patch in the collector was already merged into Plone trunk and
Plone 2.0 branch, but if you are downloading the source tarball or
installer, you won't get it. This patch won't be required in *new* Plone
2.1 instances, as events will be ATCT's and will have all new
validators. Depending on the migrations scripts, it may be required in
*upgraded* Plone 2.1 instances, and the collector version of the patch
is included in Plone 2.1.

This patch has been applied to trizpug.org. I upgraded trizpug.org, put
it in a separate Zope instance, and moved it to another partition last
month, but haven't gotten around to writing it up on the site wiki yet.