[triangle-zpug] Remote authentication question

David Chandek-Stark dc at duke.edu
Wed May 11 18:55:13 CEST 2005

Chris Calloway wrote:
> [snip] The thing I wonder about is if updating a
> password through Plone will then update a password throuth RUF (or
> later, PAS). I kind of doubt it, but I don't know.

RUF is designed to trust the REMOTE_USER environment variable and
doesn't actually use a password--it trusts that if you've gotten this
far, you've authenticated to an external system. Which reminds me, I
couldn't figure out how to do all this w/o running Zope as a FastCGI
process b/c I needed Apache to pass authorization headers to Zope.

Re: CMFMember, I'm keeping my eye on that project too, but I was under
the impressions that it may not be production quality yet -- ?

--David