[triangle-zpug] Remote authentication question

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Wed May 11 17:52:45 CEST 2005

David Chandek-Stark wrote:
> Having their names and e-mails is useful too, but you can set dummy
> passwords b/c they will be authenticated by RUF.

I wonder if you use CMFMember on the site, with member-approval-workflow
and Plone generated passwords (sent to the members through MailHost and
forces the members to change their generated passwords at first login),
if that would be helpful to seeding your registrations. This is a
"social pattern" aided by Plone technology I've been using to start up
Plone site communities. The thing I wonder about is if updating a
password through Plone will then update a password throuth RUF (or
later, PAS). I kind of doubt it, but I don't know.