[triangle-zpug] Remote authentication question

Geoff Davis geoff at geoffdavis.net
Wed May 11 14:10:32 CEST 2005

David,

You might want to check out PlonePAS -- it's a replacement for GRUF that
uses Zope Corp's new Pluggable Authentication Service.  My understanding
is that Plone will probably move to PAS for Plone 2.2, and it appears
that Enfold Systems is pushing forward the development of PlonePAS as a
product.  I'm not sure there's a plug-in module for doing Apache
authentication, but I would imagine that writing one would be pretty
straightforward (making that kind of thing easy is the whole purpose of
PAS).  Cameron Cooper could probably give you a few pointers.

Check out
http://www.zopezen.org/Members/jcc/news_item.2005-05-06.4767340553

Geoff