[triangle-zpug] [Plone]: Plone Desktop now free for non-commerical use

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Mon May 2 23:22:40 CEST 2005

TJ Stankus wrote:
> Sort of OT here, but in a vanilla Zope site using the old-school Photo/PhotoFolder product, you
> can do something very similar by bulk FTP'ing images to a Photo Folder. It's actually quite handy.
> I've not tried with CMFPhoto.

FTP servers are banned in my shop. I've done things like that with
WebDAV and plain Plone documents, where I fixed up the metadata in the
top of the file. PloneDesktop uses an enhanced version of Greg Stein's
davlib module on the client and the Zope WebDAV server extended with
Enfold's PropertySet product, which I presume takes care of the naked
metadata I see in plain WebDAV.