[triangle-zpug] March meeting?

T. Bryan tbryan at python.net
Mon Mar 14 14:46:49 CET 2005

On Monday 14 March 2005 08:22, David Handy wrote:

> Yes, I am still planning on giving a talk.
> the topic, Python's new-style classes.

Excellent!

>     What is so great about new-style classes?
> I plan to present on what these things are, how to use them, and *why* they
> are useful, with examples.

And for our Zope/Plone crowd, I believe I've seen new style classes in that
realm, too.

Python works so well, it's easy to ignore new features.  :-)  Come and hear
about new-style classes (they've been around long enough that I'm tempted to
call them "not-so-new-style classes").  It's best to get an overview of
something like this before you suddenly need to use them for a project.

> I seem to have lost the link giving specific directions to where we meet at
> UNC. I poked around on trizpug.org and couldn't find it.  Will someone
> please post that?

Assuming that we're in the same room as last time,
http://trizpug.org/Members/cbc/unc-logistics

> Does our meeting room have a projector that I can hook up to my (ancient)
> laptop?

Yes, if we have 328 Phillips.  Chris, is the room reserved?

> Does it have network connectivity that I could plug in to (wired, not
> wireless) to access my home server? This is not required but would be nice
> to have.

Yes, but Chris will need your MAC address.  Send it to him before the meeting.
He's at unc.edu: cbc.

> Thanks, and hope to see you there on the 23rd,

I'm looking forward to it.