[triangle-zpug] June meeting

David Handy david at handysoftware.com
Tue Jun 21 22:38:06 CEST 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 09:06:03AM -0400, Chris Calloway wrote:
> What would you think about postponing a week? There are five Wednesdays
> in June. The last one is the 29th. If I get some positive feedback on
> this within a day, I will post meeting notices for June 29th in the
> usual places.

June 29th works better for me also. I have a side job I have to complete
this week.

Unfortunately, going forward my family schedule changes again and Wednesdays
get pre-empted... :( I'll be sure to make it to this meeting, because I
might not make it to another for a while, unless starting July I can
persuade you all to meet the 4th Tuesday instead of the 4th Wednesday.

> As regards Python Boot Camp, having been out of town way too much, I
> haven't posted any PyBC Wiki page for us to work on. This got me
> thinking about timelines. I really think August is too soon given the
> amount of preparation to do. I'm wondering if a good approach to
> planning Python Boot Camp might not be to get all our ducks in a row
> (trainers, materials, catering options, etc.) *before* picking a date,
> because having an artificial deadline for a volunteer operation might
> limit our success. What ye think?
>
> For another idea, Python Boot Camp training and materials might come out
> of programs for TriZPUG meetings. If there were a Boot Camp training
> module, try it out on TriZPUG first? What think ye? Part of TriZPUG
> meetings could be trying out a piece of training material and then
> giving it a peer review as a group. When we get enough pieces, voila,
> there's your boot camp.

I'm in favor of trying out Boot Camp materials in TriZPUG meetings, hoping I
can be at said meetings (see above.)

David H.