[triangle-zpug] June meeting

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Tue Jun 21 15:06:03 CEST 2005

I apologize for being uncommunicative recently. I've been out of town
for awhile.

Before I left, I did reserve our usual room at UNC, Phillips 328, for
tomorrow the 22nd, the fourth Wednesday. However, I realize that with
only this late reminder, we might not see a lot of people.

What would you think about postponing a week? There are five Wednesdays
in June. The last one is the 29th. If I get some positive feedback on
this within a day, I will post meeting notices for June 29th in the
usual places.

For a program, I still have the PloneDesktop demo. And you have whatever
show and tell you'd like to bring up as well. Any takers?

As regards Python Boot Camp, having been out of town way too much, I
haven't posted any PyBC Wiki page for us to work on. This got me
thinking about timelines. I really think August is too soon given the
amount of preparation to do. I'm wondering if a good approach to
planning Python Boot Camp might not be to get all our ducks in a row
(trainers, materials, catering options, etc.) *before* picking a date,
because having an artificial deadline for a volunteer operation might
limit our success. What ye think?

For another idea, Python Boot Camp training and materials might come out
of programs for TriZPUG meetings. If there were a Boot Camp training
module, try it out on TriZPUG first? What think ye? Part of TriZPUG
meetings could be trying out a piece of training material and then
giving it a peer review as a group. When we get enough pieces, voila,
there's your boot camp.