[triangle-zpug] Summary of January 2005 Meeting

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Fri Jan 28 01:27:41 CET 2005

On Thursday 27 January 2005 06:07 pm, Chris Calloway wrote:

> The basics to get set up with running existing test cases in a product
> (I think; correct me if I'm wrong):
>
> 1) Put http://zope.org/Members/shh/ZopeTestCase in your
> $ZOPE_HOME/lib/python/Testing (not Products!).

Nope!  That's the problem we hit during the talk.

At this step, you *must* get ZopeTestCase from the Collective on sf.net.  The
ZopeTestCase releases at the link above do not correspond to the current
PloneTestCase code that you'll be using.  The ZopeTestCase releases are only
interesting if you're testing Zope without Plone.  Until there is an actual
PloneTestCase release with a corresponding release of ZopeTestCase, get them
*both* from the Collective.  Otherwise, you will get lots of errors or
failures from tests that should be working...such as those we saw with the
PloneHelpCenter tests.

Otherwise, the summary looks good.  I highly recommend reading Stefan's
PloneTestCase presentation.  It's actually pretty short and goes into a bit
more detail.

Happy testing!