[triangle-zpug] TriZPUG January 2005 Meeting: Unit Testing in Python and Plone

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Mon Jan 24 23:35:29 CET 2005

The Triangle Zope/Python User Group (TriZPUG) will hold its next meeting on
Wednesday, January 26, at 7:00 p.m. in Raleigh, NC.  We will be meeting in
the DELTA conference room(s) at Venture III, who has kindly permitted us to
use their meeting room, on NCSU's Centennial Campus.  Directions to
Venture III are below.  This month, we will have a short technical
presentation by Tom Bryan on Unit Testing in Python and how to write unit
tests with Plone.

We will try to schedule some time for general discussion during the meeting. I
hope that those who attended the Plone Boot Camp, which was sponsored earlier
this month by the TriZPUG, would talk a little about their experience there
and about any work that they have done since then with Plone.  We will also
probably be talking about TriZPUG plans for the rest of this year.

Hope to see you there!

Title: Unit Testing in Python and Plone
=======================================
Have you heard friends and associates babble endlessly about how great unit
testing is?  Have you always wanted to write unit tests but never felt that
you had the time to sit down and learn how?  Do you feel technically
inadequate because you don't know the difference between a test case and a
test fixture?  Then come to the next TriZPUG meeting!

This talk will provide you with the background in unit testing to start
writing unit tests for all of your Python code.  The presentation will be an
abbreviated version of the talk I gave at a previous TriZPUG meeting (and at
PyCon 2003), but I will be adding some material to explain a how to write unit
tests for Plone Products.

Directions to the TriZPUG Meeting:
If you need directions to NCSU's Centennial Campus, try the following link
http://centennial.ncsu.edu/howtogethere/htgh.htm
If you need directions to the Venture III building, follow this link
http://delta.ncsu.edu/lts/about/directions.cfm, but skip step #3 since the
meeting
is after hours.

For more about TriZPUG: